Code of Conduct of the Four Wheel Drive Club of Southern Africa
- Towards human beings - Be considerate and helpful to all.
- Towards authorities - Be of positive attitude when interacting with them, understanding and abiding
by their rules
- Toward vehicle perfection - Maintain a sound, presentable and roadworthy 4x4, always carrying
sufficient spares and tools
- When travelling on-road - Drive defensively, setting an example to others
- When travelling off-road - Drive to survive. Maintain communication with your group. Pre-plan food,
fuel, medication, access and camps. Contribute to the group's well-being.
- As a custodian of nature - Take only photos, leave only tyre-prints. Accept responsibility for your
group. Drive gently, follow existing tracks and make no new ones. Preserve and respect all living things.
Base 4 Code of Conduct:
- No motorcycles or quads.
- No dogs (except for guide dogs).
- No loud music (unless authorised and then only in the clubhouse).
- No persons allowed in the rear of open vehicles when driving any of the obstacles.
- No littering (Please pick up cigarette butts, etc.) .
- All rubbish to be taken out when leaving. (What you bring in, please take home with you - dustbins
are not provided).
- I, as a member of the Four Wheel Drive Club of Southern Africa, will strive to uphold this code.
Home | Club Events
| Toyota Desert Race | Calendar | Base 4 Clubhouse
| Driver Training | Rescue Unit | Conservation
| Marshal Unit | Diving | Touring
& Safaris | Trip Reports | Marketplace | 4x4
Accessories | Radios | Insurance | Photo
Gallery | Join Us | Club Committee | Club
Constitution | Code of Conduct | Associated
Clubs | AAWDCSA | Links | Site Map | Contact Us